Last updated February 12, 2018
The website located at www.headlightcannabis.com (the “Site”) is a copyrighted work belonging to Docklight, LLC d/b/a Headlight (“Headlight,” “Us,” “Our,” and/or “We”). Headlight provides resources related to cannabis varieties and related products which include directories of cannabis dispensaries, retail locations, and cannabis-related blog content (collectively, with all other services provided through the Site, the “Services”). Certain features of the Services or Site may be subject to additional guidelines, terms, or rules, which will be posted on the Service or Site in connection with such features. All such additional terms, guidelines, and rules are incorporated by reference into this Agreement. References to “you” and “your” refer to you, a user of our Site and/or Services.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY, AS THEY CONTAIN AN AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, REMEDIES, AND OBLIGATIONS. THE AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE REQUIRES (WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION) THAT YOU SUBMIT CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST US TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION, AND FURTHER (1) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AGAINST COMPANY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING, AND (2) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO SEEK RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS.
1. IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS. ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE AND SERVICES IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. CONTENT POSTED BY HEADLIGHT ON ANY WEBSITE, MOBILE APPLICATION, SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNEL, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT SERVICE, OR ADVERTISEMENT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. HEADLIGHT DOES NOT ENDORSE, AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF, ANY OPINION, ADVICE, STATEMENT, OR OTHER INFORMATION MADE ON THE SITE OR SERVICES, INCLUDING THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS (EACH AS DEFINED BELOW). HEADLIGHT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH ANY DISPENSARY, RETAIL LOCATION, OR OTHER USERS OF THE SITE OR SERVICES. HEADLIGHT IS NOT OBLIGATED TO SCREEN DISPENSARIES AND/OR RETAIL LOCATIONS TO DETERMINE WHETHER THEY ARE QUALIFIED OR AUTHORIZED BY LAW TO PROVIDE THEIR SERVICES OR TO DETERMINE THE ACCURACY OF INFORMATION THEY PROVIDE.
THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY SHALL NOT LIMIT THE MORE GENERAL DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY IN SECTIONS 8 AND 9 OR ELSEWHERE IN THIS AGREEMENT.
2. Eligibility. You must be 21 years of age to use the Site and/or Services.
3. The Site.
3.1 License. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Headlight grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use the Site and Services for your personal, noncommercial use.
3.2 Certain Restrictions. The rights granted to you in this Agreement are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Site or Services; (b) you shall not modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Site or Services; (c) you shall not access the Site or Services in order to build a similar or competitive service; and (d) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Site or Services may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means. Any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Site or Services shall be subject to the terms of this Agreement. All copyright and other proprietary notices on any Site or Services content must be retained on all copies thereof.
3.3 Modification. Headlight reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Site or Services or any part thereof with or without notice. You agree that Headlight will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site or Services or any part thereof.
3.4 Ownership. You acknowledge that all the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets, in the Site and Services are owned by Headlight or Headlight’s licensors. The provision of the Site and Services does not transfer to you or any third party any rights, title, or interest in or to such intellectual property rights. Headlight and its suppliers reserve all rights not granted in this Agreement.
4. Headlight Products and Information. The products displayed on the Site and Services are only available within the U.S. All material and information presented by Headlight is intended to be used for personal educational or informational purposes only. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the results reported, if any, may not necessarily occur in all individuals. All products should be used strictly in accordance with their instructions, precautions and guidelines. You should always check the ingredients for products to avoid potential allergic reactions. Use of the Site is not meant to serve as a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the use of any information received from the Site and Services before using or relying on them. Your physician or health care practitioner should address any and all medical questions, concerns and decisions regarding the possible treatment of any medical condition. We do not give or intend to give any answers to medical related questions.
5. ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY. In addition, you agree not to use the Site or Services to: (a) upload, transmit, or distribute any computer viruses, worms, or any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data; (b) send unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages, whether commercial or otherwise; (c) harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users, including e-mail addresses, without their consent; (d) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on servers or networks connected to the Site or Services or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks; (e) attempt to or impersonate another user or Headlight or gain unauthorized access to the Site or Services, other computer systems or networks connected to or used together with the Site or Services, through password mining or other means; (f) harass or interfere with another user’s use and enjoyment of the Site or Services; or (g) introduce software or automated agents or scripts to the Site or Services so as to produce multiple accounts, generate automated searches, requests and queries, or to strip, scrape, or mine data from the Site or Services.
6. INDEMNITY. You agree to indemnify and hold Headlight (and its officers, employees, and agents) harmless from any and all losses, damages, liabilities, claims, actions, judgments, awards, penalties, fines, costs and expenses (including reasonably attorneys’ fees) arising from or relating to any claim or demand made by any third-party due to or arising out of (i) your use or misuse of the Site or Services, (ii) your violation of this Agreement; or (iii) your violation of applicable laws or regulations. Headlight reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of Headlight. Headlight will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
7. THIRD PARTY MATERIALS; OTHER USERS; RELEASE
7.1 Third-Party Materials. The Site or Services might display, include, or make available third-party content (including data, information, articles applications or other products, services and/or materials) or contain links to third party websites, services, and advertisements for third parties such as (collectively, “Third Party Materials”). You acknowledge and agree that Headlight is not responsible for Third-Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect thereof. Headlight does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or user for any Third-Party Materials. Third-Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you and you access and use them entirely at your own risk. When you link to a Third-Party Material, the applicable third party’s terms and policies apply, including the third party’s privacy and data gathering practices. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction in connection with such Third-Party Material.
7.2 Other Users. Your interactions with other Site or Service users (including Dispensaries that carry Headlight products) are solely between you and such user. You agree that Headlight will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such interactions. If there is a dispute between you and any Site or Service user, we are under no obligation to become involved.
7.3 Release. You hereby release and forever discharge Headlight (and our officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns) from, and hereby waive and relinquish your rights with respect to, each and every past, present and future dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action and cause of action of every kind and nature (including personal injuries, death, and property damage), that has arisen or arises directly or indirectly out of, or relates directly or indirectly to, any interactions with, or act or omission of, other Site or Service users or Third Party Materials. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542 IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOREGOING, WHICH STATES: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND WE (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, HEADLIGHT (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE OR SERVICES: (A) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; OR (C) WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, COMPLETE, LEGAL, OR SAFE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL HEADLIGHT (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFIT OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR SERVICES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, HEADLIGHT’S (AND OUR SUPPLIERS’) LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) FIFTY US DOLLARS ($50) OR (B) AMOUNTS YOU’VE PAID HEADLIGHT IN THE PRIOR 12 MONTHS (IF ANY). THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM WILL NOT ENLARGE THIS LIMIT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
10. TERM AND TERMINATION. Subject to this Section, this Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Site or Services. We may (a) suspend your rights to use the Site and/or Services or (b) terminate this Agreement, at any time for any reason at our sole discretion, including for any use of the Site or Services in violation of this Agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement, your Headlight Account and right to access and use the Site and Services will terminate immediately. You understand that any termination of your Headlight Account involves deletion of your User Content associated therewith from our Site, Services, and live databases. Headlight will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of this Agreement, including for termination of your Headlight Account or deletion of your User Content. Even after this Agreement is terminated, the following provisions of this Agreement will remain in effect: Sections 3.2-3.4, 4–13.
11. COPYRIGHT POLICY. Headlight respects the intellectual property of others and asks that users of our Site and Services do the same. In connection with our Site and Services, we have adopted and implemented a policy respecting copyright law that provides for the removal of any infringing materials and for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of users of our Site and Services who are repeat infringers of intellectual property rights, including copyrights. If you believe that one of our users is, through the use of our Site and Services, unlawfully infringing the copyright(s) in a work, and wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification (pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)) must be provided to our designated Copyright Agent:
(A) your physical or electronic signature;
(B) identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim to have been infringed;
(C) identification of the material on our services that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove;
(D) sufficient information to permit us to locate such material;
(E) your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
(F) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law; and
(G) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright that has allegedly been infringed or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please note that, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), any misrepresentation of material fact (falsities) in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney’s fees incurred by us in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
The Designated Copyright Agent for Headlight is:
1920 Eastlake AVE E
Seattle, WA 98102
12. ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND JURY TRIAL WAIVER, CLASS ACTION WAIVER, AND FORUM SELECTION CLAUSE. Except for disputes brought in small claims court, all disputes between you and Headlight arising out of, relating to or in connection with the Site or Services shall be exclusively settled through binding arbitration pursuant to the then-current rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) for commercial arbitration. There is no judge or jury in arbitration. Arbitration procedures are simpler and more limited than rules applicable in court and review by a court is limited. YOU AND HEADLIGHT AGREE THAT ANY SUCH ARBITRATION SHALL BE CONDUCTED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. Notwithstanding any provision in this Agreement to the contrary, if the class-action waiver in the prior sentence is deemed invalid or unenforceable, however, neither you nor we are entitled to arbitration. This arbitration agreement is subject to the Federal Arbitration Act. The arbitrator’s award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Notwithstanding any provision in this Agreement to the contrary, we agree that if Headlight makes any future change to this dispute resolution provision, it will not apply to any individual claim(s) that you had already provided notice of to Headlight. Information on AAA and how to start arbitration can be found at www.adr.org or by calling 800-778-7879. If the arbitration in this section provision is found unenforceable or to not apply for a given dispute, then the proceeding must be brought exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction in King County, Washington. You hereby accept the exclusive jurisdiction of such court for this purpose. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Washington without regard to conflict of law provisions.
12.1 Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution. We are always interested in resolving disputes amicably and efficiently, and most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer’s satisfaction by emailing customer support at support@Headlight.com. If such efforts prove unsuccessful, a party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”). The Notice to us should be sent to the address identified in Section 13.5 below.
12.2 Confidentiality. All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, and any ruling, decision, or award by the arbitrator, will be strictly confidential for the benefit of all parties.
12.3 Future Changes to Arbitration Agreement. Notwithstanding any provision in this Agreement to the contrary, we agree that if it makes any future change to this Arbitration Agreement (other than a change to the Notice Address) while you are a user of the Service, you may reject any such change by sending us written notice within thirty (30) calendar days of the change to the Notice Address provided in Section below. By rejecting any future change, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any dispute between us in accordance with the language of this Arbitration Agreement as of the date you first accepted this Agreement (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Agreement terms).
13.1 No Support or Maintenance. You acknowledge and agree that Headlight will have no obligation to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with the Site or Services.
13.3 Copyright/Trademark Information. Headlight and the Headlight logo (collectively, the “Marks”) are trademarks of Docklight, LLC. You acknowledge and agree that You are not permitted to use Headlight’s Marks or any third-party marks displayed on our site without prior written consent from, respectively, Docklight, LLC or the owners of such third-party marks.
13.4 Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Site and Services. This Agreement and your use of the Site and/or Services shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of King County, Washington. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision, nor shall any single or partial exercise by Headlight of any right or power hereunder preclude further exercise of that or any other right hereunder. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. The word “including” means “including without limitation.” If any provision of this Agreement is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of this Agreement will be unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. Nothing contained herein shall be construed to establish an employment, partnership, or joint venture relationship between you and Headlight. This Agreement, and your rights and obligations herein, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without Headlight’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void. The terms of this Agreement shall be binding upon assignees.
13.5 Headlight Contact Information:
1920 Eastlake AVE E
Seattle, WA 98102