Headlight™ SIFF Social Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: The Headlight™ SIFF Social Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is open only to greater Seattle, WA residents ages 21 years and older as of the start of the Promotion Period. You must have a registered public Instagram user account (“User Account”) to enter. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor and Prize Sponsor, and the immediate family members (including spouses, unmarried partners, parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) of any such employee, officer or director, are not eligible to enter the Promotion or win a prize. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: Docklight LLC, 1920 Eastlake Ave E., Seattle, WA 98102; and
Prize Sponsor: SIFF, 305 Harrison St., Seattle, WA 98109
3. Agreement to Official Rules: The Promotion will be governed by these Official Rules. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound to these Official Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein.
4. Promotion Period: The Promotion begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”), November 6, 2017, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT, November 7, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”). Entries received after the Promotion Period shall be disqualified. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
5. How to Enter:
a. Complete the following steps during the Promotion Period to be entered into the Promotion (each an “Entry” and collectively, the “Entries”). Each Entry must comply with the Submission Guidelines below.
i. Enter via Instagram: During the Promotion Period: (1) Share a story on Instagram of what strain you’d like to pair with the featured Headlight film screening; (2) Mention @headlightofficial; and (3) use hashtags #FarOutFilms and #Giveaway in your caption.
c. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject or disqualify any Entry that does not comply with the Submission Guidelines or is otherwise inappropriate, offensive, not keeping with Sponsor’s image or if it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules.
d. Limit one (1) Entry per person, per film during the Promotion Period. Any attempt to obtain more than the permissible number of Entries by using multiple/different user accounts or otherwise may void your Entries and/or disqualify you from the Promotion as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, Promotion entry services) will void all Entries by that entrant.
e. If you choose to participate using your mobile device, message and data rates may apply. See your wireless provider for pricing plan and participation details.
f. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ACROSS ANY OR ALL OF SPONSOR’S DIGITAL AND SOCIAL ASSETS, AT SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and its respective agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit, and/or publicly perform and/or modify such Entry in any way, in any and all media, including for use in advertising and marketing, without limitation and without consideration to entrant.
6. Submission Guidelines: To be eligible for a chance to win, an Entry must meet the following guidelines (the “Submission Guidelines”). An Entry must not:
a. Violate any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other property right;
b. Be, include or promote anything unlawful, harassing, abusive, tortious, derogatory, threatening, harmful, vulgar, defamatory, libelous, pornographic, obscene, offensive, or otherwise objectionable; or
c. Depict a child or other person under age 21 years of age, or otherwise suggest the presence of such person, or include content that might be appealing to persons under 21.
7. Winner Selection/Odds. One (1) winner will be selected at random from the total combined eligible Entries received by Sponsor on Instagram on November 8, 2017. Odds of winning depends on number of total eligible Entries received.
8. Winner Notification and Prize Acceptance: Potential winners will be notified via direct message on Instagram, and may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited), IRS W-9 form, assignment of copyright, and/or other requested documentation within two (2) days of date of notification or an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries for the drawing. If such documents and/or responses are not returned within the specified time period, a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner, or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may (but is not required to) be selected. An alternate winner is subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules. Sponsor may conduct up to three (3) alternate selections. If no alternate selection is conducted for a prize, the prize will not be awarded. Sponsor shall not have any liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk, email or other security settings or winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise nonfunctioning contact information. Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Promotion.
9. Prizes: One (1) winner total will receive two (2) tickets to Headlight’s Far Out Films Donnie Darko screening at SIFF Cinema Uptown in Seattle, WA on November 8, 2017 at 7:00pm (the “Event”). Prizes will be reserved for pick-up by winner at the SIFF Cinema Uptown will-call. Total prize estimated retail value is $28. Transportation to and from the Event, and all other expenses incurred therewith are the sole responsibility of individual winner(s). No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor is not responsible for replacing any prize in the event of postponement or cancellation of Event. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of any prize are solely the winner’s responsibility. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying all applicable taxes.
10. Publicity Release: Acceptance of any prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its designees to use winner’s name, platform user account handle and/or likeness for advertising and marketing purposes, without additional compensation, in any media, worldwide, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
11. Releases, Waivers and Limitation of Liability: You agree that Instagram shall have no liability to you whatsoever with respect to the Promotion. By participating in the Promotion, you additionally hereby release Sponsor, Prize Sponsor, Instagram, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, and promotional partners, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all legal claims, losses, injuries, demands, damages, and/or causes of actions that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, including without limitation for personal injury, bodily injury, property damage, violation of publicity or privacy, or defamation, arising from: (i) your participation in the Promotion and submission of an Entry, and/or your acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) any claims of infringement related to Sponsor’s use of an Entry submitted in connection with the Promotion; (iii) technical failures of any kind, including without limitation, the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iv) the unavailability of any transmissions or telephone or internet service; (v) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (vi) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or processing of Entries or votes; and (vii) Sponsor’s use of your Entry, name or likeness. Further, you hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize awarded in connection with the Promotion. The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims known and not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims. If, for any reason, the fairness or integrity of the Promotion becomes compromised, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Promotion, and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or the administration of the Promotion.
12. Governing Law; Disputes: This Promotion is governed by the laws of the State of Washington, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. By entering, entrants and winners hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Seattle, Washington. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website related to Sponsor or the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. Winner’s List: To request a list of winners: (a) send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: Marketing – Headlight™ SIFF Social Giveaway Winner’s List, 1920 Eastlake Ave E., Seattle, WA 98102; or (b) email firstname.lastname@example.org with Headlight™ SIFF Social Giveaway Winner’s List in the subject line.
14. Instagram: The Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion should be directed at Sponsor, and not to Instagram.
© 2017 Docklight, LLC. All rights reserved. Headlight trademark of Docklight, LLC